Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yum... Bacon!!

So, we live out in the country and raised a couple of pigs this summer. This past week we finally turned one into meat. I won't post pictures. I'm sure that no one wants to see that, but I will tell you that I made sausage and bacon! Yummy!!! I looked it up online and then kinda did my own version of it with what I had- and it turned out pretty good. Not sure if anyone out there will ever butcher their own pig, but if you do I can show you how to make some pretty tasty sausage and bacon. Surprisingly it was pretty easy. Next I'm going to try and cure a ham. I feel so proud of myself. Also I recently found out how to make my own laundry soap. It works pretty well, but best of all it's really cheap! Like $.04 a load. Really. So now we have a freezer full of meat. Even fuller when you figure in that Josiah's cousin went hunting and brought us a deer. We've given quite a bit of meat away. I'm really not much of a carnivore and I'm afraid it will get freezer burned before we get a chance to eat it all! How Ironic that the girl that can go for weeks without eating meat has a freezer full of the stuff.

So, now I have a year supply of meat and laundry soap... now I just need to get all the other things- sugar, flour, toilet paper- you know, minor stuff like that. Anyway, I guess that's all the news for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment